Friday, June 17, 2011

So here is to making it count.

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
 Modified version of Cupcakes found on Cheeky and Trig's Blog

1 Package of Strawberry Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury)
3 eggs
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup frozen pink lemonade, thawed, divided
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
red food coloring to your liking
5 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened



preheat to 350
Beat cake mix, eggs , water 1/3 cup concentrate
Bake 16 to 20 minutes of until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for five minutes, remove and let finish cooling.
For Icing
Beat 4c powdered sugar, butter and remaining 1/4 cup concentrate in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in food coloring to your liking. Add the remaining 1 C of powdered sugar until you reach the consistency that you desire for you icing. 
Spread frosting over cupcakes.
Garnish with candies, straws, sprinkles, just get your creative on :)

Well I guess I am going to start this blogging thing :)  I love the idea and have been toying around with it for awhile.  But what to blog about? My kids, my crafts,my baking, my hubby, I guess it will be life in general.  This should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment